All eligible children and their close contacts should receive an FDA-authorized COVID vaccine.
- According to the CDC, fully vaccinated people (bit.ly/3edFZmX) can resume activities such as…
- Gathering indoors with other fully vaccinated people without masking or distancing.
- Not quarantining after a close contact COVID exposure.
- COVID vaccines do not cause infertility or significant menstruation problems.
- COVID vaccines were developed quickly, but without cutting corners: bit.ly/3bb4nUk.
- COVID info for parents: bit.ly/34qzg3u & bit.ly/3jBIsuB & bit.ly/3hCfKa7
How does vaccinating my child help keep my child, my family and my community safe?
- Most experts believe that your choice is either to get vaccinated or eventually get COVID.
- mRNA COVID vaccines remain effective at preventing COVID infection including infections caused by currently identified COVID variants: bit.ly/36ULAKm & bit.ly/2V6WppW
- The Delta variant (B.1.617.2) is one of the CDC’s COVID-19 virus “variants of concern”
- Though still rare, nearly twice as many US children have died from COVID than influenza.
- Children accounted for 16% of the new COVID cases during the week ending 7/15/21.
- The pediatric COVID case rate has continued to rise since the pandemic began:
|Date||Percent under 18 yo||Cases per 100,000 under 18 yo|
What are the risks of the vaccine?
- As of 7/21/21, over 325 million mRNA COVID vaccine doses have been given in the US.
- So far, no deaths have been attributed to mRNA COVID vaccinations.
- Typical side effects are chills, headache, fatigue, pain, redness and/or swelling at the injection site.
- The CDC has identified “a likely association” between mRNA COVID vaccines and myocarditis.
- Based on the current evidence, post-COVID vaccine myocarditis is rare and most cases recover quickly with rest and/or minimal treatment: bit.ly/2RJLhyd
- Anaphylaxis (a severe allergic reaction) to an mRNA COVID vaccine dose is rare (2 to 5 people per million vaccine doses). For comparison, anaphylaxis to amoxicillin is about 100 times more likely.