- We have instituted policies and procedures to create a safer environment in our office.
- Due to Social Distancing we are seeing decreased demand for sick visits.
- As a result of the above we are no longer limiting who can be seen for a Well Visit and will start seeing Well Visits in the afternoon as well as the morning.
- We will continue to restrict any person with cough and/or fever from entering the clinic. All patients with these symptoms will be evaluated by Virtual Visit.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, for the past 3 weeks we have restricted in-office visits to children ages 2 years and under who needed vaccines and cancelled all afternoon well visit appointments. During this time we have had the opportunity to observe the flow in our offices and fine tune our infection control policies. Based on our observations, and recommendations from the Center for Disease Control and American Academy of Pediatrics, we have instituted the following procedures to keep our patients, staff, and doctors safe:
- When in the office, all doctors and staff will wear a mask.
- When interacting with a patient, all doctors and staff wear a mask, gloves, and eye protection.
- All doctors and staff are screened for fever and cough before being allowed to work.
- All patients and parents are screened for fever and cough before being allowed to enter the office. No patient with symptoms concerning for COVID-19 will be seen in the clinic, these patients will be evaluated by Virtual Visit.
- All parents, and children who are able, will be required to wear a mask or some form of face covering when entering the office. Unfortunately we do not have enough masks to give to everyone so we are asking parents to bring their own. A tutorial on how to make a mask can be found here.
- We are limiting the number of people in the office by:
- Requiring only 1 parent per patient be allowed to enter the clinic, except for newborn follow ups and the 2 Week Well Child visit for which 2 adults are allowed.
- Requiring that insurance be verified and CHADIS completed prior to the appointment.
- Limiting the doctors to 1 in-office patient every 30 minutes.
- Decreasing the number of doctors in clinic each day.
- Check out will be completed by phone so that there is no congregating at the check-out desk
- Enhanced cleaning procedures between every patient encounter
We have observed that these policies and procedures have allowed us to create a safer environment where we can care for your children. As a result, we are expanding Well Visit access to all children and will make appointments available in the afternoon as well as the morning. Due to the policies described above, we may have a limited number of well visits available and priority will be given to the youngest patients and those who need vaccines.
We will continue to require that any patient with cough, fever, or history concerning for COVID-19, be evaluated by Virtual Visit. Should the physician determine that the child requires an exam or test, the doctor will facilitate that. We have created a drive-through exam and testing station at our Mesquite office. Per the CDC Guidelines we are not routinely testing for COVID-19, but we are able to test for flu and strep. If a test for COVID-19 is desired by the parent and authorized by the physician, we are able to order it through Magnolia Diagnostics. A receipt from Magnolia will be required before we can complete the swab.
If you are scheduled to have a Virtual Visit, we ask that you do the following:
- Please make sure you have a strong internet connection and that the video and audio functions are turned on and working properly on your device.
- Find a quiet, well-lit space for your child’s visit.
- Please make sure that your child is present for the appointment.
- Please take your child’s temperature prior to the visit.
- Whenever possible, weigh your child prior to the appointment. This will help with the doctor’s assessment and will also allow the doctor to properly dose medications.
- Keep a flashlight nearby to help the doctor examine your child.
- Have any medications your child is currently taking with you during the appointment.
We are committed to the care and safety of our patients and families and encourage all of you to continue to Shelter in Place and only leave your homes for essential tasks. The Center for Disease Control says that the care we provide your child is essential and we agree, but we decided to proceed cautiously regarding the number of patients seen on a daily basis. As a result many of our patients had their appointments cancelled and we apologize for this inconvenience. We are now confident that we can extend our availability to more patients while maintaining a safe environment. If your appointment was cancelled and you would like to reschedule it please click here. We consider it a great honor and privilege to care for you and your family and will continue to have your best interests at heart.
The Physicians of Forest Lane Pediatrics