Complimentary Newborn Classes
The physicians at Forest Lane Pediatrics are now offering complimentary classes for expecting parents via a virtual platform. These classes will consist of small group sessions led by one of our board-certified pediatricians. Our goal is to help parents feel more prepared during this exciting, but sometimes intimidating, journey. Discussion topics will include what to expect in the hospital after delivery, as well as helpful tips for the first few weeks at home with your newborn. There will also be plenty of time for parents to ask questions during the session.
Classes will be offered on the first Thursday of each month from 6pm to 7pm, and on the third Sunday of each month from 4pm to 5pm
To schedule your class, please call our office or send us a message.
Complimentary Prenatal Visit
A complimentary prenatal visit with one of our board-certified pediatricians is the first step in starting a partnership with a doctor. It is a time for expecting parents to become acquainted with our staff and have questions answered about parenthood. These visits are not required to become patient in our practice.
Prenatal Visit Topics
- Office Hours (including Saturday morning clinic)
- Communication – ways the nurses and physicians can be contacted by phone or patient portal
- Availability of same-day sick visits
- Availability of on-call doctor for after hours phone calls
- Office protocols regarding vaccines and well visit care (Note: we adhere to vaccination recommendations of the American Academy of Pediatrics)
Additional Benefits of a Prenatal Visit
- Learn about the doctor’s philosophy of medicine
- Learn how to get to the office
- Take a tour of the office
- Ask questions
- Learn about new technologies available to our patients like vision screening for children as young as 6 months as well as allergy testing and treatment.
- Learn about Lactation services and Medela pump rental station. We will work with you to ensure that your child is properly nourished by assisting you with breastfeeding and other forms of feeding.
The physicians of Forest Lane Pediatrics have privileges to see newborns in the nurseries at the following hospitals:
- Dallas Medical City Dallas Hospital
- Dallas Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Dallas
- Plano Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Plano
- Frisco Baylor Medical Center at Frisco
Once you have chosen a pediatrician from Forest Lane Pediatrics, please notify your obstetrician and add your pediatrician’s name to your hospital’s pre-admission paperwork. The hospital will notify your pediatrician of your baby’s birth and he or she will come see your baby in the hospital. Every day you are in the hospital one of our pediatricians will examine your baby and answer any questions. On the day of discharge, the doctor will instruct you to call and schedule a follow-up appointment. Our physicians only see babies at our affiliated hospitals. If your baby is born at a different hospital, on the day of discharge please call our office to schedule a follow-up visit for 2 days after discharge.
To schedule a Complimentary Prenatal Visit, complete the appointment request form using the button below or call our office.
Dallas Office: 972.284.7770
Plano Office: 972.526.0700
We also offer complimentary interviews with families wishing to transfer to Forest Lane.