Developmental Screening in Early Childhood – Forest Lane Pediatrics
The doctors at Forest Lane Pediatrics screen children aged 2 months to 36 months for healthy development. Many children seem to be developing normally, but delays in healthy development can be undetected by parents. Our pediatricians will evaluate your children so that they can reach their full potential!
Ages & Stages – Developmental Screening Tool
From the moment our children are born, it is the desire of parents to provide the best for them, and make sure that they have an opportunity to pursue their wildest dreams. As pediatricians, we have the privilege of participating with families in the pursuit of that goal. The physicians of Forest Lane Pediatrics are committed to ensuring the health and development of our patients.
As part of this commitment, we administer the Ages and Stages developmental screen at all well visits for children ages 2 months through 3 years. Through the use of the Ages & Stages Questionnaire® (ASQ), we are able to monitor a child’s development in Communication, Gross Motor, Fine Motor, Problem Solving, and Personal Social skills. Through close monitoring of these skills, we can reassure parents that their children are developing appropriately, and give them the head start they deserve.
We utilize a company called CHADIS (Child Health and Development Interactive System) to administer the Ages & Stages Questionnaire electronically. You can use CHADIS on a computer, tablet (such as an iPad) or smart phone (Android, Windows, iPhone, etc.) to:
- Tell us about any problems or concerns you want to discuss
- Complete your developmental milestones checklist at home
- Give us your child’s medical history and background
You should complete the CHADIS questionnaires before EVERY visit.
All answers are completely confidential and cannot be viewed by anyone except your doctor.
Instructions to Register and Use CHADIS
- Go to www.chadis.com
- Click the New User button (on the left side of the page)
- Enter our practice INVITATION CODE 9722847770
- Enter your email address and create a password
(If you do not have an email address, your username will be your firstname.lastname)
- Enter your child’s information
- Click GO Take Questionnaires
- Select your child’s doctor
- Click on the reason for your next office visit (such as “Well-child Visit” or “Behavioral Initial Visit”)