Forest Lane Pediatrics would like to welcome you to our pediatric office. The office protocol information below outlines how our practice operates. If you have any questions about these policies, please do not hesitate to ask.
Sick and Well Waiting: Subject to change due to a pandemic. Please refer to the bottom of the page for office-specific COVID protocols
We have provided sick and well waiting areas for your convenience. If you come to the office with more than one child and one of your children is sick then you must report to the sick waiting room. Children who are here for a well exam, recheck or follow-up exam from a previous illness may present to the well waiting room. Thank you in advance for your cooperation in this matter.
Our physicians believe that all children should be fully immunized unless there are medical contraindications. Therefore, you will need to bring a copy of your child’s immunization records to the first visit in order to be seen. We are unable to accept new patients/families unless they are willing to fully comply with the recommended timetable for vaccine administration per the American Academy of Pediatrics. We believe this policy advocates for children and their best interest.
Automated Phone System
Our office uses an automated phone system to help direct telephone traffic. Please note the prompts as you listen to the system. Phones will be turned on at 7:00 A.M. and turned over to the answering service at 4:30 P.M on weekdays. On Saturdays, the phones will be on from 7:30 A.M. – 10:00 A.M. A few notes about the phone system:
- Phone messages are prioritized according to urgency.
- Appointments requiring an exam that day will be answered within a 1 hour time frame.
- Non-urgent calls will be answered within 2-3 hours.
- Lengthy calls, such as: Feeding, sleeping, or behavioral questions will be answered by the end of the day.
- The prescription request or refill line will be answered hourly.
- The referral line will be checked daily – you are responsible to know if you need a referral to see a specialist. Please call the referral line 72 hours in advance of the needed referral.
- Medical record requests left on the phone system will be answered daily. Please allow 72 hours to have records available and these can be picked up, faxed, or mailed. We will not send out any records without a signed records release form. For complete medical record requests, please see the “Medical Record” section.
- If your regular doctor is busy or out of the office and your child is sick and needs an urgent appointment, he or she may need to see a different doctor. All well exams will be scheduled with your regular physician.
If your regular doctor is busy or out of the office and your child is sick and needs an urgent appointment, he or she may need to see a different doctor. All well exams will be scheduled with your regular physician.
E-mail questions submitted via the Patient Portal will be answered by the following business day. We ask that only the Patient Portal be used for electronic communication with our office in regards to medical information about your child. Communication through the Patient Portal is encrypted, and therefore protected against hacking. E-mail communication directly through the website is not encrypted and should only be used for communication that does not contain any personal or medical information. We will ask you to fill out an e-mail policy form that states what will be addressed via e-mail response in order to comply with HIPPA regulations.
After Hour Calls
When calling after hours you will have the option of speaking with a Pediatric Nurse from Medical City Children’s Hospital for free, or you may elect to speak to the on-call physician for a fee of $25. The nurse will be happy to answer any questions and give advice regarding the care of your child, but the nurse will not have access to your child’s chart and can’t prescribe any medications or authorize any refills. Should you need to speak with the on-call physician to follow up on an issue for which you were seen that same day, the fee will be waived. When possible, Forest Lane Pediatrics will bill your insurance for any after-hours charges.
If you are more than 15 minutes late for your appointment, you may be asked to reschedule for a later date. If your child is sick, you may wait in the office and be worked in between patients. Please note there will be an extended wait time if you are late for your appointment.
Same Day Appointments
We will attempt to accommodate all same day sick visits requested before 3 pm, however, there may be a wait time as we will be working you in between regular scheduled appointments.
Various forms and letters are often lengthy and may take extra time to be filled out. Forms will be returned as quickly as possible. There will be a $15.00 charge for letters or forms needing more than a signature.
There will be a $6.50 charge for copying of your child’s chart or transferring your child’s chart to another physician.
Appointment No Show Policy
Failure to cancel your appointment within 24 hours notice will result in a $25.00 charge. This charge must be paid prior to scheduling your next appointment.
Forest Lane Pediatrics of Dallas, Frisco, and Mesquite
The office protocol will be updated periodically as the practice grows, and changes will be made accordingly.